TOOLS OF A TRUCK DISPATCHER
Article Written By John Carlos Diaz
As a Truck Dispatcher, we use an array of tools just like any job has, like you as a Truck Driver your tools are your truck and your cell phone to update or to be kept up to date about any problems.
Our tools as Truck Dispatchers are.
- A good internet connection, & a good phone line to work fast and efficiently. These two things are a base for a Truck Dispatcher this permits our stable function so you can get on the road faster, easier and safer. You won't have to worry about dealing with all the paperwork and hassle.
- A computer is an essential tool, it should be fast and easy to access and find loads and quickly do paperwork so you don't worry about anything at all. Without this important tool, a Truck Dispatcher won't is able to give you any loads or help you with all the paperwork, the Truck Dispatcher would be lacking.
- A phone, this is a key important tool to keep Truck Dispatchers in contract, with either our Truck Drivers o Brokers to negotiate loads, keep them updated about where the Truck Driver will pick up or drop off. This will help us greatly acquire good deals and secure them so they don't give the load to someone else.
These are the physical items that are most important for a Truck Dispatcher to have good control over it and to quickly use.
Like there are physical tools there are no physical tools that Truck Dispatchers use to their full extent to acquire great loads in a matter of minutes.
- An Email, the use of an electronic email is very important so you can easily send updates, signed documents, and receive any changes or important documents. This is a great way to leave a message that will be seen right when they open their email
- An E-fax, the electronic fax is an easy way to sign and send in minutes faxes to different people a certain page or a whole package already signed and ready to be processed.
- A database/archive, this tool is very important to have because if you don't have where to collect and to save all your information, your dispatchers quality of service will be inconsistent and lack in organization and you won't be able to help your dispatcher.
As a Dispatcher, you have to have an organized archive to be able to orderly work and find documents in minutes you have to be able to organize, efficiently and quickly the documents that come in and out of your dispatch so that you don't confuse any of the loads.
These are some of what we consider the most important tools for a Truck Dispatcher to have to efficiently get you on the road and paid quickly.