WHAT DO YOU NEED TO HAVE A TRUCKING COMPANY
You might be curious about how to start your own truck company, but it's not as easy as it may seem, you need to plan and prepare.
First of all you need to obtain the right documents to establish your company.
- You need a commercial driver's license for you or your driver, it's an official documentation that is highly regulated.
- You need to be registered with federal motor carrier safety administration and the department of transportation (DOT)
- You need to have your irs form 2290 for trucking company owners.
- You need to have commercial Liability insurance on your Truck and coverage of the products you may be carrying.
- Each state has its own cargo and transportation permit requirements these are required for transport. you might also need hazardous cargo permits, oversize or oddly sized cargo for crossing state lines.
- You also need an operating authority to haul freight across state lines, and it also determines what type of freight you can haul.
These aspects can vary on where you are but they are essential to start up a trucking company. without these legal requirements you cannot start working, even if you have your truck and trailer. It would be illegal conduct if you don't meet with these requirements, the state would penalize you.
After you have all of these legal aspects, you might buy a truck and trailer or you might already have one, you will register them as well and have the appropiate paper work like a license plate and documents that make you an owner or leaser of that vehicle.
As a new truck company it's a bit of a challenge to start hauling freight right away, because you don't really have any references, but at our Truck Dispatcher Company, we help you start hauling freight in no time so you can gain back what you invested. We will help you with the partnerships we have with different companies so you can haul freight at the best price, and hopefully you become a member of this team!